Sunday, September 16, 2007

Pesto My Way


I had a friend ask me today what I do when I need pesto, make it fresh or buy it? Buy it baby. Fresh is fantastic, but it's also a bit of work. I think if I were going to make a pasta dish where the pesto needs to shine, then I'd make it fresh. For most other recipes, however, a jarred pesto is just fine.

My favorite brand is Classico. I love that I can keep it stockpiled in my basement with a variety of other pasta sauce options. I can open the jar, scoop out a spoonful or two, put the lid back on and save the rest for another dish in a few days.


Here's a list some recipes that use pesto:
Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad
Five-Layer Vegetable Strata with Pesto
Pesto Chicken Florentine


Here is a link to the Classico website with recipes (some using pesto, some using their other products):

No comments: