Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Orange Pound Cake

orange pound cake
I have another cake recipe for you this week.  This is another Cooking Light recipe (from January 2012).  It is meant to be a Grapefruit Pound Cake but since I had a whole bowl of lovely oranges and absolutely no grapefruit, I decided to make this into an Orange Pound Cake.  Check out my adroitness.


I followed the recipe as written but swapping 2 T grated orange rind for the grapefruit rind and 1/2 cup fresh orange juice for the grapefruit juice.  The cake is lovely (can you spot the pretty little bits of orange peel?) and delicious.   This makes a delicious, summery dessert and would be terrific with a few fresh strawberry slices.


orange pound cake 2


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm seriously going to try this one. I've been craving Lemon Cake, and this looks just as good - if not better! I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for sharing!

Lee and Sharon said...

Wow that looks good Andy. I love pound cakes and I bet you could make a little sauce to pour over the top even. Yum. Glad to see more pictures on your blog.