Sunday, August 26, 2007

Failure x2


Failure. It's inevitable. With as many new recipes as I try each week, there are bound to be a few that just don't work out. And with as many photos that I take each week, there are bound to be problems there too. Such is the case for today's post.

Two weeks ago I tried a new recipe called Zucchini & Ravioli in Walnut Sauce and it was awful. The photo was appealing and the list of ingredients sounded promising, but the meal was terrible. Ah well, that happens. Thank goodness for PB&J!

Today I took some great photos of our dinner and also of a bar cookie we tested tonight. When I was ready to post them on my blog, we had some technical difficulties, and were unable to retrieve any of the photos off of my camera. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Good thing life goes on, right? We cook, we eat, we do dishes. Failures or no failures, we're able to find sustenance and then get on with the important things in life.

notes on this week's menu & recipes
You might notice that Ratatouille au four shows up again this week. I was supposed to make it for dinner tonight, but decided to take a nap instead of starting dinner. I do have my priorities, you know.

I'm looking forward to the Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole next Sunday. First of all, who doesn't like breakfast foods for dinner? Secondly, this recipe appeals to me because I can make it in the morning, still get my afternoon nap in, and have a great dinner that evening.

Happy Cooking everyone!

No comments: