Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cranberry Upside-Downer

I don't know how I ever found this recipe. Occasionally I go on lengthy searches through the internet to find new and interesting recipes. Sometimes I get lost. This was one of those recipes I came across in my wanderings, and I'm glad I bookmarked for testing. Side note: My recipe testing bookmark list regularly has about 25 recipes on it.




After I tested this recipe (and loved it) I found the cookbook at my local library (LOVE my library). Since then, I've made other baked bits of heaven from the cookbook and loved them all. I believe I'll be asking Santa for my own copy of this huge book.



What did I love about this cake? I loved the size. It makes a one layer 8-inch cake; 6-8 servings. I loved the crunch of the walnuts and the tangy cranberries. They perfectly topped the warm cinnamon cake. I served it about 20 minutes out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Magnificent. Mr. Dinner's on Me thought it would make a good dessert to follow Christmas dinner.


Link to Cranberry Upside-Downer recipe

3 comments:

Robyn said...

We aren't going anywhere out of state for Christmas and this just gives me one more reason to be excited for what's coming!!!! Yum, yum.

Kris said...

It looks heavenly

Whitney said...

I gave you an award on my blog today. It’s really just a chance to let you know I like your blog and point other readers in your direction. Keep the posts comin. I really enjoy them.