Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cranberry Chutney



I had this for the first time last year at Thanksgiving and instantly fell in love. This dish even converted several so-called cranberry haters (including Mr. Dinner's on Me.) Thank you to my sis-in-law for sharing it with me, and thank you to her in-laws for sharing it with her.

This is the best kind of recipe - all loosey-goosey. No exact measurements - just taste as you go and stop when it is delicious. It really is so much better if you can make it the day before.





Cranberry Chutney

2 bags of fresh cranberries
juice of 2 or 3 oranges
zest of 1 or 2 oranges
juice of 1 or 2 lemons
zest of 1 or 2 lemons
about 3/4 cups sugar (maybe more)

Combine all in a food processor (or use one of these on the cranberries.) Do not over process - you want some chunks of the cranberries.

3 comments:

badger girl said...

Very much like my mom makes...try adding a handful of pecans or walnuts when you crush it all up for an extra crunch. Mmmmm! Happy Thanksgiving!

Andy said...

nuts....what a great idea. Now why didn't I think of that?

Brielle said...

I'm so glad you posted this because I'm making it this year (of course) and couldn't remember everything I needed to get. Thanks..