Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Sides

Thanksgiving is upon us!  Are you still deciding which side dishes to serve this year?  Maybe these will help!

 

Cranberry Chutney

(recipe here)

cranberry chutney 2

 

 

Sauteed Green Beans and Garlic

(recipe here)

greenbeans

 

 

If you’re having guests that are not big pie eaters, try this for dessert:

Cranberry Upside-Downer

(original post here)

dinners on me cranberry upside downer

 

 

I found a great new Crescent Roll recipe recently too.  It’s from a great blog that I subscribe to called Little Birdie Secrets.  I think I’ll be trying this roll recipe out tonight – don’t they look yummy?  I’ve never really attempted crescent rolls before.  They have always seemed too fussy of a thing to make.  I love this recipe’s step-by-step instructions though, and I am definitely going to try out that garbage bag trick.  

(photo courtesy of Little Birdie Secrets – used with permission)

P1140533

 

I also recently added this recipe for Maple-Pecan Sweet Potatoes to my favorites list.  I discovered the recipe in this month’s Cooking Light Magazine.  We tested this recipe last week and it is ah-mazing.  There’s just enough maple syrup to add flavor without being too overpowering, there’s a hint of cinnamon, the lovely crunch of pecans, and of course the ubiquitous marshmallows!  I’m making a small dish of these tonight – I’ll try to remember to take a photo. 

 

Happy feast-planning everyone!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Those rolls are awesome. The double rise really does help with the lightness of the roll. I made some extra dough and made little cinnamon rolls, some with pecans and some without and then topped them with cream cheese frosting. Yum. Super tasty bite-size treats. Thanks for a great recipe and instructions.