Thursday, October 14, 2010

Poached Pears with Cinnamon-Vanilla Cream


Need a simple but impressive dessert? These babies are microwaved! I know – I was skeptical too.
Here’s a link to the original recipe. Of course I made a couple of changes. I didn’t have any vanilla ice cream on hand, but I did have heavy cream. I used 1/4 cup of heavy cream, with a bit (maybe 1/8 tsp?) of vanilla and a sprinkling of cinnamon to taste. I loved the addition of the cinnamon and we couldn’t get enough of the sauce so the next time I made these I doubled it.

3 comments:

Corrie said...

That looks delicious, yummy! I can't wait to try.

Cynthia said...

ANDY,
i have made this recipe (thanks to you!) many times now and everyone is always impressed. i'm surprised you didn't write about it a good year ago when you originally tried it out and sold me on it as well.

Val said...

I will make this soon...looks great.