Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Virtual Cookie Exchange- Day 8

For the last day of our virtual cookie exchange, I thought I would end right back where I began – with Tassies. Remember this post about the Pecan Tassies?

These were the first cookie that I tried from the BH&G 100 Best Cookies magazine. Well, also found in this same magazine are a variation of these called Fudge Brownie Tassies (follow link & scroll down for recipe).

I’m sorry little pecan tassie. Your big sister just showed up, and she’s pretty popular with just about everyone. Maybe it’s her fancy chocolate-brown party dress. Maybe it’s the perfect little almond hat she wore. No one knows for sure.

You’re both just the right size, one-bite goodness. But if I have to choose between this…

…and this…

I’m going to choose your big sister every time. Don’t worry, pecan tassie. I learned a lot from you. But now I need more from my tassies. Like a hidden nut inside of chewy brownie filling.

And a creamy, buttery frosting to finish it off. Hello gorgeous.

(The recipe on the BH&G website doesn’t include the chocolate butter frosting, so I’ll add it here for you!)

Chocolate Butter Frosting

In a bowl beat 2 Tablespoons softened butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Beat in 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder. Gradually add 1/4 cup powdered sugar, beating well. Beat in 1 Tablespoon milk and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Gradually add 1 1/4 cups additional powdered sugar, beating well. Beat in enough additional milk, 1 tsp at a time to make a frosting of piping consistency.

After tassies are cool, pipe or spoon Chocolate Butter Frosting onto tassies. If desired, place additional nuts onto the frosting.

3 comments:

Becky at VintageMixer said...

What a beautiful cookie! I will have to try making Pecan now Tassies

Valerie said...

These are so pretty and I'm sure they taste AMAZING!! I love mini desserts. I'm definitely adding this one to my list of recipes to try soon.

Needful Things said...

These look gorgeous and I'm going to try to make them one of these days.