- Add apples to salads, sandwiches, and tuna or chicken salad for extra crunch
- Try fresh berries or peaches with yogurt or dessert
- Add vegetables like spinach, broccoli, bell peppers, onions and mushrooms to your eggs.
- Buy fruits and vegetables pre-washed and sliced to keep on hand for snacks
- Frozen bananas and grapes make great summer treats
- Choose grapes instead of popcorn next time you sit down to watch a movie.
- Start the day off right with a glass of 100% fruit or vegetable juice. Top your cereal with sliced bananas or strawberries.
- Go out on a limb and try something new. Have you ever had pomegranate or an artichoke? You never know - you may find a new favorite.
- Store fruit and vegetables at eye-level in the fridge or in a bowl on the table. You'll be more likely to eat something if you can easily access it.
- Add fresh fruit and vegetables to foods you already eat. For example, add vegetables to pasta and pizza, or berries to yogurt.
Check out these links for more fruit & veggie ideas and recipes
Fruits and Veggies More Matters
Western Growers - Fruit and Vegetable Month
Find a Pick-Your-Own-Farm near you!
Where to buy Utah Fruit