Sunday, September 2, 2007

Crock Pot Taco Chicken

Every time I walk in my friend Amanda's home, it smells divine. Either there is some tasty dish simmering away in her crock pot, or she has just baked something mouthwateringly fragrant. This past week it was her Taco Chicken recipe that was in the crock pot, and she graciously volunteered the recipe for me to share with you!

Suzie, I know that you have a similar recipe for Taco Chicken, but I believe yours is done on the stove top, is that right? If you don't mind, I'd love to post it here too so that people could have options on how to prepare their Taco Chicken!


Amanda's Taco Chicken (crock pot)
from Amanda Otis

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 packet of Pace Taco Seasonings
1/2 cup water

Place chicken in crock pot. Combine taco seasonings with water, and pour over chicken. Cook on high for 3-4 hours. Shred chicken & enjoy! This is great in taco salads, soft tacos, and quesadillas.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm going to Macey's little theater on the 13th for the "Slow Cooker Sensations" Class. If I get any good recipes I'll share. I'm looking forward to cooler temp's and warmer food. I have to admit I've had way to much watermelon this summer.

Suzie Knowlton said...

Here is how I make my chicken:

I boil 6-7 skinless, boneless chicken breasts until they are cooked through. Then I shred it and toss it in a pan with 1 package of any brand taco seasoning (they are usually1.25 oz) and the amound of water called for on the envelope (usually 3/4 C). I heat until boiling the chicken, water, and seasoning then lower the heat and simmer until the water is gone. Then I use the chicken in anything I need!

Amanda said...

Actually this chicken cooks quick in the crockpot--it only takes 3-4 hours on high for 2 chicken breasts! Sometimes you need to add more water as it cooks to keep chicken from drying out! This is just something I made up so please experiment on your own and let me know what works better!