Monday, October 15, 2007

Zuppa Toscana + breadsticks = Olive Garden love

Tonight for dinner we tried a cloned recipe from the Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana. Mr. Dinner's on Me (our resident expert) proclaimed it so near the real thing, that we no longer have a reason to eat at the Olive Garden.

I served the Zuppa Toscana with some yummy breadsticks that we discovered in San Diego. I was delighted to see that our grocery store here carried them as well!


You can find them in the freezer section, with other garlic breads. They're great after just a few minutes in a toaster oven. You can also use your regular oven, if that's all you got! Now all I need is a clone for that yummy Olive Garden vinaigrette..... anyone have one?

3 comments:

Lee and Sharon said...

The breadsticks look really good. I think I might try to find them here somewhere.
Keep up your menus. I love checking out your website every day. Dont always comment but please know I have been there today.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Me too, me too, ditto to all that your mom said Andy. I love checking out your recipes and always lovely pics. Thank you Anj....SisterMom

Anonymous said...

Olive Garden Italian Salad Dressing
1/2 C white vinegar
1/3 c water
1/3 c veg oil
1/4 c corn syrup
2 T grated Romano Cheese
2 T dry pectin
2 T beaten egg or egg sub.
1 1/4 t salt
1 t lemon juice
1/2 t minced garlic
1/4 t dried parsley flakes
pinch dried oregano
pinch crushed red pepper flakes

Combine all in blender on low speed for 30 sec. Chill at least 1 hour. Can also use mixer on med.
Makes 1 1/2 cups. good marinade too.