Thursday, July 10, 2008

Chicken With Ginger



Monday's dinner this week was a recipe I saw on a great PBS show called Everyday Food. The recipe was Chicken with Ginger and if I had to rate it, I would give it 4 stars out of 5. Here's why: I appreciate the simplicity of the recipe and I love ginger. The meal was quick to prepare - I would say that cutting the ginger into little matchsticks took the longest amount of time and that wasn't even that long.




Both my husband and I loved the flavors of this dish. The ginger was a little too strong for my son, so I fished out some chicken and served it over noodles (leaving even more tasty ginger for me!) So why did I give this recipe only 4 stars? I felt it could use a few other vegetables. Next time I would add maybe some carrots and pea pods for color and variety.


Okay, so I just re-read the stuff I typed above and I feel I need to give a bit more info about the Everyday Food tv show. I realize I called it "great" in my opening paragraph. I do tivo the show every week, and I've found a few recipe gems from them. However, the show makes me unbearably sleepy. Is it because it's a PBS show? Not sure. The chefs are so calm and relaxed compared to some of the food network chefs. I just felt I had to warn you - do not drive or operate heavy machinery while under the influence of Everyday Food.

No comments: