Sunday, July 6, 2008

Herb Green Beans


I have never been a fan of green beans. There. I've said it. Oh, beans are okay I suppose, but compared to other vegetables, there are others I prefer. Until I tried these. A friend of mine brought me a very delicious dinner a few weeks ago and these fabulous Herb Green Beans turned out to be my favorite part. Here's her recipe:



Herb Green Beans
(from Heather Buell)

1 lb Green Beans
1/2 cup chopped onion
2-3 Tbsp butter
1 clove garlic, diced
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried rosemary

Combine all ingredients & wrap well in tin foil. Seal edges well so butter doesn't leak out during cooking.

cooking option #1: Place on BBQ for 15-20 minutes.

cooking option #2: (wrap well in tin foil) Place in casserole dish and bake at 350 for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until desired tenderness.

No comments: